Why use geophysics?
Better geotechnical data, increased underground certainty
Geophysical testing produces data that is repeatable, reliable, digital, and quality assured.
Geotechnical information from drilling is gathered by taking a direct sample. Geophysics extends drilling data, and provides a more complete picture of what's underground by 'filling in the gaps' in the ground model.
Geophysics benefits and products include:
- Fast, non-intrusive ground testing
- Site specific seismic assessments
- Ground analysis for existing structures and assets
- Identifying potential and actual risks
- Site specific response spectra, and
- Site soil classification, NZS1170
Download (pdf) Geophysics Matrices: