Heinz-Watties Administration Building - Seismic Strengthening
- Heinz-Watties Australasian Operations.
- New Zealand
Heinz-Watties is a large Australasian operation with a primary processing plant situated in Hawke’s Bay. Seismic strengthening is required of the adiminstration building. Detailed engineering evaluation revealed foundation need strengthening.
- Design governed by uplift forces
- Screw-pile design adopted to allow operational continuity of the facility through-out the upgrade.
- CPT based design approach to AS2159:2009 using the LCPC design methodology.
- Site-specific seismic ground-motion response.
- Installation supervision.
- Static load tests